Monday, October 5, 2009

A New kind of Sunday Funday

First off.. Hello, my name is Jennifer and I am a blogger. But I'm new at this so please feel free to drop helpful tips and hints along the way.

When I think of "Sunday Funday" I think of drinking, partying, beer pong and drunk college girls.. and my cousin Scott. But now I am seeing it a little different. Let me explain..

Okay, my mom (Penny) wanted to start a new family tradition (which are very meaningful to my family) so she decided we should all get together on Sunday nights for dinner. Pretty much just me and my brother (Paul), sisters (Misit and Gina) and their kids (Lexi, Maddy and Jillian). Last week was the first one and we had a blast. My brother was consumed with football, his girls were looking for some way to get in his way and everyone else was entertained watching this go on. By the end of the night we had everyone up doing Zumba in the living room including my step-dad (Dave).

Last night was our second go-round of this Sunday night dinner held at my moms house and I found myself enjoying family time more than going out with my friends. My mom noticed right away and commented to me that I was growing up. I love those moments when you realize turning points in your life but even more when someone else notices and points it out to you. I spent the night laughing at little jokes, making smart-ass comments, had stare downs with my sister and watched my mom play with Jillian (the youngest niece). And as the night ended I was sitting there with a niece in each arm (entertaining them with the youtube app. on my phone) I couldn't think of a place I would rather be. This is my new Sunday Funday.

5 comments:

  1. Welcome. I just randomly came across your blog, so I thought I'd say hi!

    That sounds like a great new Sunday tradition! I always find that I have much more fun with my family than I do with all my friends. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome as well and thanks for visiting my blog! This is your new little blog world, just be you and social and I am sure everything will fall into place.

    How nice that you enjoy the time with your family and that you get to enjoy your nieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stumbled across your blog, family traditions are super important to us too, glad you are enjoying Sunday Funday!

    ps...my moms name is Penny too, it's so rare to hear that name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post. It's my first visit and my second reading and I must say I'm loving it. Wish I could join in your family fun but of course, I can, right here!!!

    Off to sign up and follow . . . Come visit me at my blog, have and have a giggle with me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete