Thursday, October 8, 2009

A Wave of Inspiration

Last night I had dinner with my parents and of course we laughed all the way through dinner. We ended the night with my dad doing the 'Vince McMann walk' out of the restaurant. I love their sense of humor but I think it's an acquired taste.

After dinner I met up with a good friend of mine. I consider him one of my 'adult friends', meaning that I think we will be great friends from here on out. Unlike my high school friends or people I go out with to party.

Anyways, we had a great time chatting it up over some wine and we started talking about careers. I currently work for the state and cocktail waitress on the side for extra money but both, to me, seem temporary. My friend is a federal cop now and is really excited about where this can take him. I guess it all just hit me and I decided I need to get my butt in gear and get back in school. I feel like taking a semester off was a complete waste of time. I have seen a few careers that I am interested in (Ultrasound Technician being at the top of the list) and now I just need to set short term goals to get there. I have an appointment tomorrow with a guidance counselor to put my plan together and get it in motion. I feel amazing about this so I thought I needed to share. :)

5 comments:

  1. I connected to you through another blog.

    Achievable short term goals are always a great step to take.

    Nice start to your blog. Visit mine and see what you think.

    http://day-accountability.blogspot.com/2009/10/park-benches.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck girl, looking forward to hearing how you go:)

    Will have to google the 'Vince McMann walk'. I live in the mountains of Andalucia, Spain. Could that be why I don't know this?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool

    this is my blog

    http://voillusions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! I never had any motivation to go to college because I never knew "what I wanted to be". That's awesome that you've got it figured out!

    ReplyDelete